Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sometimes you wanna go

What is the place for you that feels like home away from home. A place you have been going for a long time. The place you cant wait to get to every summer (or winter or fall or whatever) I want to hear about it. I want to see it and I want a list about why it is so great. Here is my place:

The family Cabin in Island Park, Idaho
The best things about going there.

1. Endless amounts of eating delicious food and snacks.
2. The snake river less than a mile away, you can walk right down to it.
3. Waking up before the sun comes up and running outside, then getting back in bed.
4. Playing tons of games, careers, cards and when I was younger the best set of paper dolls ever.
5. Taking a trip into Yellowstone particularly the dollar store.
6. My great Grandmas' salt and pepper shaker collection that is displayed.
7. Being there with family.
8. My awesome Grandpa putting wifi up there.
9. Last chance gas station down the road.
10. Seeing Deacon run and play there and love every second of it.

Now send me your vacation lists, I am dying to hear all about them.

3 comments:

  1. 11. so much birdsong--you wake up to it!
    12. the awesome little grocery store down the road--everything I find there feels like a prize.
    13. quiet
    14. bringing a giant stack of books to read
    15. the new oven, so we can bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16. Letting my kids experience joys of my childhood for the first time. (The swing and paper dolls better still be there!)

    17. Always always always good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18. Looking at the constellations outside at night with my dad
    19. Playing cards every night and not getting sick of it.
    20. Wearing Great Grandma's old flannel shirt from under the stairs.

    ReplyDelete