Monday, September 13, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
1. A little worship.
2. Great meal with some family.
3. A canyon drive to see the fall leaves.
4. Leisurely walk around my neighborhood.
5. Peeking in on Deacon in Nursery and seeing a cute well behaved fun boy.
Now tell me, what makes for a great Sunday in your book? Is it a nap and good book? What is it? Add on to my list would ya? Your the best.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
This summer I (and I have never done anything on this list before)
1. hiked to Cecret Lake, so easy and so beautiful.
2. Did not have a job (for most of the summer) I have had a job in the summer since I was about 17, it was awesome.
3. Went to the Bahamas, pretty fun and funny
4. Got addicted to Shivers Diet Coke, one sip and you are hooked.
5. Took Deacon on hikes up Milcreek canyon, loved it.
Now please tell me about your amazing Summer firsts.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Now do not get me wrong, I love summer. I really do. But I have had enough and these are the things I am looking forward to:
1. Soups and warm foods
2. Crisp fall air, something about it totally draws me out for cool evening and morning walks. Enough with running outside in the scorching heat.
3. Carving pumpkins, and dragging out all my fall decor.
4. Boots and sweaters, love wearing layers.
5. 30 Rock coming back on. Yesssssss.
6. Deacon is starting preschool, I know he will love it.
7. Halloween, not to dress up but to bake treats, decorate and plan a cute costume for Deacon.
8. A canyon drive to see the leaves changing.
9. Opening my window just a crack at night and felling the canyon breeze.
10. Breaking out my moccasins for my indian summer.
Now how about some add ons? Please please tell me what you love about Fall in the comments. Another thing I love about this fall is, I swear I will keep this blog updated. I have a couple lists comin your way this week and I may just beg you for a particular list. Sound great? Love. You. Fall.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
I missed you! I wish I had all sorts of cool reasons as to why I have not posted but alas I do not. However I do have many an excellent list to share with you all. To get us started let us list some of the best parts of summer so far.
1. The buzz lightyear slip n' slide in our backyard. Loved by all young and old alike.
2. Eating lots of meals out back.
3. Camping twice, much more fun than I had anticipated.
4. My sisters family being here and having almost three weeks of non stop fun.
5. Deacon taking a liking to "going for a run" pretty cute.
6. Summer thunderstorms, best sleep ever.
7. Tan lines from lots of pool hours.
8. Watermelon strawberries and hamburgers.
9. Diet coke, ice cold.
10. Diet coke, ice cold. Did I already mention that?
Now let's get those lists a comin' I missed them.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
The family Cabin in Island Park, Idaho
The best things about going there.
1. Endless amounts of eating delicious food and snacks.
2. The snake river less than a mile away, you can walk right down to it.
3. Waking up before the sun comes up and running outside, then getting back in bed.
4. Playing tons of games, careers, cards and when I was younger the best set of paper dolls ever.
5. Taking a trip into Yellowstone particularly the dollar store.
6. My great Grandmas' salt and pepper shaker collection that is displayed.
7. Being there with family.
8. My awesome Grandpa putting wifi up there.
9. Last chance gas station down the road.
10. Seeing Deacon run and play there and love every second of it.
Now send me your vacation lists, I am dying to hear all about them.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
1. omelet, with bacon.
2. a croissant.
3. pancakes, but mostly only if I am the pancake maker.
4. oatmeal. with raisins.
5. oatmeal scone. with cherries.
6. pre-breakfast cookie.
7. pre-breakfast potato chips.
8. canned fruit and cottage cheese, with flax seed and chopped up almonds.
9. sourdough toast, with flagrant disregard for the whole "carbs" thing.
10. granola, but mostly only if I am the granola maker.
And holy cow do I love a breakfast burrito.
The definitive list of the scrumptious pies and other delicacies available for the bloke to choose from on a Friday (which is the ‘I’m not taking a sandwich with me I’m having a pie day’).
Pie dispenser to the academic community of Old Aberdeen known as the “Old Toon Cafe”, staffed by women who would give the fish wifies of Torry a scare, some of whom are the same who served me as a student 22 years ago...
1. Steak Pie
2. Mince Pie
3. Lasagne Pie
5. Macaroni Pie
6. Steak slice
7. Samosa Pie (a particular speciality very confusing to the Spanish students)
8. Sausage roll
9. Sausage Round
10. Chicken pie
Amazingly, they DO NOT sell Scotch Pies (Mutton Pie)
Picture the scene as 3 Japanese students have explained to them the difference between a “roll” & a “Round” and the difference between “meat” & “mince”. Top entertainment at our gaff at lunch times I can tell ya.
If you are American as I am, you will love this fabulously Scottish list as much as I do. What is a Samosa pie!?
Things you can do when the sun finally shines....
1. Wash three loads of laundry in one day and dry them outside.
2. Open all the windows and let the breeze blow through
3. Take a nap in your bed, wrapped up with a blanky, and a breeze blowing through your curtains (if you are a three years old).
4. Fully participate in the walk to school week. 2 for 2 so far!
5. Feel the sun on your arms and rejoice that you can wear short sleeves without freezing.
6. Make an impromptu visit to the park.
8. Make sure sunglasses are your main accessory.
9. Clean your windows, but really, it would be better if you just found some summery songs on the internet and listened to them on repeat instead.
10. Be grateful for the sunshine and all of the above, because it might not last forever.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Things I am looking forward to (a list to be jealous of, mostly because I do not have much in my life for anyone to be jealous of)
2. A girls weekend getaway starting Thursday, wahoo!
3. The Bahamas a week after that!
4. A kid who is potty trained. (old news but still oh so good for me.)
5. Those new yogurt creamies have only 105 calories, we can ALL look forward to that!
6. Going to the pool at least 4 times this week, yessssss.
7. Winning the lottery, if I say I will win I will, just like the book the Secret.
Do tell me something you are looking forward to, or something I should be jealous of. I promise to be happy for you.
Monday, June 7, 2010
1. You wake up and feel like you may have spent have the night in a swamp.
2. Too many hours outside results in that oh too familiar sunburn feeling.
3. You have consumed a full watermelon by yourself in two days.
4. It is impossible to get your kids in bed because it forever feels like 7:00 pm all evening.
5. The smell of BBQs and your roses blooming.
Isn't it swell? Welcome Summer!
p.s. Can you send me some more lists? I love them. I have a few I still need to post but I am greedy and I would like more. Also should we do some sort of giveaway? That would be fun I think.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
The absolute best summer foods a add on list:
1. Watermelon, do not even try and touch this one it is the best.
2. Grilled hamburgers (really anything grilled)
3. Corn on the cob
Summer is really here! We can actually allow ourselves to get excited now. Tell me your add on in the comment section, please? Thank you I knew you would.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Lar, this is for you. I don't even know that this needs commentary. Really? Are you kidding me? You're not? Well, good luck with that.
cauliflower is the equivalent of water in the vegetable world--it tastes like nothing. i hate it. don't even try to sneak it into my dish. especially as a puree. this means you, jessica seinfeld. you and your nasty puree parlor tricks.also, does this picture give anyone else weird feelings? first picture that came up when i googled cauliflower. awesome. it looks like scabs. see? cauliflower=scabs. get it outta here.
3. kate gosselin
kinda can't believe she's still around. kinda can't believe she made it as far as she did with that "no/yes" hair. Extensions won't save you, Kate. is anyone else as sick of her as i am? i think you are. but if that's the case, WHY IS SHE STILL EVERYWHERE?!
4. T-R-U-Kstrucks. BIG ones. big ol' Utah trucks. there's probably one right on your bumper right now on I-15. like this one. I got news for you, meathead. just because you're in a truck listening to Alan Jackson doesn't make you invincible. pretty sure 90mph will kill you just as much as it will kill me in my ford probe. just sayin.
also, I'm sorry you have to overcompensate for things. yikes.
5. Dave Matthews Band
if you had to listen to this all day every day at work like i do, you'd hate it, too. a girl can only handle so much jam band sensibilities. plus, every song sounds the same. don't even try to tell me that's not true. i will punch you in the face. lovingly, of course.
I would also like to lovingly add the series finale of LOST. Maybe they could try again in six months, I find it unacceptable.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Songs that without fail always get you dancing, no matter how terrible they are.
1. Holiday by Madonna
2. Gimme More Britney Spears
3. Get down on it Kool and the gang
Alright, ball is in your court. Remember we are not here to judge (I also really like Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus, its not my fault it is so catchy!) Please do tell what really gets your toe tappin. Annnnnnd tomorrow is Friday! Get ready for things that must go!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Why Books are Awesome--a List.
1) There are an unlimited amount of options
2) When you've picked the right book, you feel transported to another world
3) Books allow you to leave your problems/drama/chaos behind for a little while
4) Books allow you insight into all sorts of different minds
5) When you've finished a new great book you feel accomplished and happy
AND eager to read another one
6) and the biggest reason books are awesome--it is the best way to spend a quiet afternoon,
curled up on the couch with a hot chocolate or cup of tea and reading a good book.
I will never stop reading. Seriously, it brings me such joy!
This list is from my sister Abby who is a avid reader. Lets make a list of great summer reads shall we? Please email me your pick so I can compile a list!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
1. afternoon naps. I think everyone agrees that Sunday afternoons are made for napping.
2. delicious meals, Sunday is also for eating do not forget.
3. for the most part my house is really quiet and mellow.
4. no one expects you to do anything, anything you do is just a bonus.
5. it is the last day of the weekend, one last chance for relaxation.
Hope everyone had a great weekend, you can look forward to a more respectable list tomorrow.
Friday, May 21, 2010
1. pants without pockets.
what are you trying to pull here? definitely NOT awesome.
2. corporate toilet paper
i don't know why corporate America can't spring for some softer toilet paper. i don't know why there hasn't been a full-on class action lawsuit on this one. one thing i DO know is that my undercarriage is pissed. undercarriages across America are pissed. 'nuff said.
3. men in the office that spray too much air freshener after they poop
let's face it--you're not fooling anyone. obviously when the entire office "mysteriously" smells like glade cinnamon sticks, you pooped. go easy on the spray. a little spritz will do ya. i promise.
4. voicemail menus
omg. O.M.G. do i seriously have to sit through 3 minutes of robot lady voice before I can leave my freakin message? is it really necessary to go through all those options when all I ask is a simple beep? I'm writing the voicemail bureaucrats about this right this minute. hell hath no fury.
5. sticky babies
sticky babies really grind my gears. stop judging--i'm not a babyphobe. i know babies inevitably get sticky. but they don't have to stay that way--especially punch mouth. i believe there's a product for that--it's pretty revolutionary. In fact, they might even be a few bucks at Wal-Mart. They're called wet wipes. Ever heard of them? Probably not. You should check them out. They're pretty awesome.
i didn't want to put in a picture of a sticky baby because that might be mean. but i bet this couple has sticky babies.
Always a pleasure Amy. Please one and all do not shy away from sending me your lists, I have loved every single one I have received.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
1. Do not eat Monster Munch
2. Do not cry, moan or argue with anyone about the election (again)
3. Procrastinate by any of the following – checking facebook, ebay, or
any of the BBC live blogs or the Guardians either, well at least after
I know who’s in the Cabinet.
4. Do something - anything on one of my lists
5. Do not lose the lists or accidently throw them out in a cleaning
frenzy (Unlikely to work self into frenzy of any description today)
6. Do not colour coordinate the lists so I become 10% more effective.
(Strictly speaking this comes under the banner of procrastination but
does mean I get to use highlighter pens to my heart’s content)
7. Do not Re-write the lists in my best handwriting. (See 6).
8. Do not Type the lists up on a spreadsheet then re-order them all,
(yup still procrastinating).
9. Do some work
10. Get emails down under 3 figures even by randomly deleting them.
11. Do not eat a toffee crisp or other assorted chocolate
12. Tidy up foot high random pile of paper on desk.
13. Remember to pick up the kid
14. Don’t let the kid watch Eastenders
15. Watch Eastenders
16. Ransack kitchen for a rogue pack of Monster Munch.
For reference purposes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Munch
Thanks for the list Sheonagh, please do keep them coming. All the way from Scotland, this blog is going global baby!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, October 24, 2005
Top 5 trilogies of all time!
5. Die Hard. I really think this is one of the best action series around. Some may say Lethal Weapon is better but to them I say...Joe Pesci. The 4th leathal weapon was no Passion of the Christ either.
4. Back To The Future. While time travel movies usually just frustrate me (Time Cop, Black Night, Clockstoppers, etc.) these really made me happy. It also involves cheating on sports betting which is also quite a fantasy of mine. I never grow tired of watching Biff's face end up in horse feces.
3. The Matrix. I don't care what any of you nay-sayers have to say about the trilogy...it rocked! The second was a little boring (please refer to ten minute sword fight atop a speeding diesel) but the first movie MORE than made up for any crap you could come up with. Also, it would have been even better if the original oracle would have been alive. The first Matrix movie made my mind soar like an eagle. The first night I saw it I woke up with an eagle feather under my pillow...true story.
2. Star Wars. I'm talkin' original trilogy here. Puppets, muppets, midgets and robots made this one work big time for me! It pre-dates Lucas trying to direct by himself and therefor was 10x better than the recent releases. What little kid didn't want to be a tan-tan?
1. Lord of the Rings. This trilogy kicked so much butt that it kicked Oprah's butt!!! I'll be the first to admit that I cried when Frodo and Sam split up. I cried when Frodo left the shire. Shiz, I cried when Gandalf accidently dropped his hat. I don't know what to say (and I'm a little out of breath right now just thinking about the films) but that this was the best series of movies ever made!!!
Also runners up: Rambo, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Godfather and maybe on a sad level...Blade.
Monday, May 17, 2010
My top 5 favorite Dogs
1. Chili Cheese Dog
2. Corn Dog
4. Hot Dog
5. Bruiser (my dog)
I would like to add our dog Duke (above pictured) to the worlds cutest dogs list. Thank you to Walker for sending me the list all the way from China. Now lets get a list of all the freaky foods you have eaten there. Stay tuned this week for some good lists including a best movie list by the snobbiest movie snob ever. My husband.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Things I Did Not Do Today
1. I did not have clean socks for my son to wear to school today (I will leave the results up to your imagination)
2. I did not get in the shower before noon.
3. I did not watch while my children ate breakfast in front of the tv.
4. I did not get the laundry folded, again.
5. I did not get any of the girl’s hair brushed and done up cute.
6. I did not get the lawn mowed (which I blame wholly on the rain)
7. I did not manage to go for 24 hours without facebook, again…
8. I did not get the car vacuumed, and the kids are starting to wonder what that smell is…
9. I did not take the kids to Disneyland today(and am reminded constantly of this by said kids)
10.I did not make it through the day without a good amount of my caffeinated beverage of choice, but then, I wasn’t really trying either.
11.I did not get the blinds dusted, and the little one has started drawing pictures on them.
12.I did not have the guts to post this list on the blog that I intended it for, which shows that at almost thirty we can still be a little too concerned about what people think of us!
p.s. Sarah has four darling well behaved Children, just a FYI.
Friday, May 14, 2010
1) Our water got turned off because we are new at being homeowners and didn't change it into our names in time. We had to ration the water in the pitcher in our fridge. I don't like rationing water, I like flushing, washing my hands, face etc. watering my plants, drinking. You can laugh its okay...we did.
2) After our water gets turned on, a frozen pipe floods our basement. Good times.
3) It has rained every day this week.
4) Worst of all, yesterday at Walmart I was trying to be a good Samaritan and return my cart to its designated area and an evil puddle drenched my whole shoe, sock and pant leg.
Come back sunshine.
Thank you Jessica! Everyone loves a list when you make fun of your own crappy situation, don't we? Keep those lists coming. And also you can look forward to this blog getting a facelift soon thanks to the ever awesome Amy Morby
Thursday, May 13, 2010
TEN THINGS I HAVE MASTERED
1. Grilling chicken (the secret: "brine" the chicken first)
2. Making tomato soup (tip: heavy cream & fresh basil, &, oh yes, tomatoes fresh from the garden)
3. Writing with a fountain tip (pretend you are drawing)
4. Writing letters (the ink-on-paper kind)
5. Pointless conversations (please provide spacious front porch)
6. Making to-do lists (not to be confused with DOING to-do lists)
7. Long distance driving, alone
8. Non-porn web surfing (they filter the web at work)
9. Keeping the scorecard at baseball games
10 Procrastination (I usually start by making a list of some sort)
You know I love the the list reference in this list. Also what a well rounded dude you are Guy. Keep those lists a comin!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
This is Bailey my youngest lister yet. I would also be interested in her list on "Best(or worst) things about a middle school dance" Who else wants to see that list?
Why I love blogging/ blogs…
1. Able to keep up with family and friend’s busy lives
2. Feeling special when someone comments on your posts
3. Getting to hear all the funny things Deacon says
4. Having a reason to take pictures
5. Posting funny videos
6. Reading cute blogs like “rock star diaries and nienie dialogues”
7. And last but not least… Making lists to post on your blog!
Everyone go take a look at Baileys blog and take note of #2 on this list. Thanks Bailey, excellent list! Looking forward to more lists from you!
Things you do when your child loses their glasses.
1. You quiz child repeatedly about WHERE she took them off.
2. Child cannot remember.
3. You ransack likely places, between sofa cushions, under bed covers, in Lego box.
4. You may swear a little.
5. You look downstairs, upstairs, kitchen, bags, car. No glasses.
6. You try and keep your shizz together, and ask child to come and see you.
7. You suggest through gritted teeth that a little prayer be uttered that we can find the glasses.
8. You keep looking.
9. Child mutters under breath, "I guess prayers don't work, we didn't find my glasses"
10. You feel like failure and now child does not believe in prayer.
11. You swear a little more.
12. You report to husband that not only does Monday morning suck, now your
child does not believe in prayer. It is a stellar morning.
13. You continue looking, now returning to places you have already
looked in desperation. You even examine the dirty clothes basket.
14. Your husband tells child to stand up, (child has been laying on floor, daydreaming).
15. Husband locates childs glasses in child's pocket of coat CHILD IS CURRENTLY WEARING.
16. Utter this helpful phrase to close the teaching moment, "See?! Prayer DOES work DAMMIT!"
This list is awesome. And Amelia is awesome for submitting it, don't you just feel awesome? If all my prayers were answered I would be Heidi Klum right now,oh and a millionaire.
2. Three! new lists in my inbox. One from the youngest blogger I know and one from someone in China! (pretend you do not know my little brother is in China.)
3. The aftermath of a nighttime rainfall, so good smells and clean earth.
I still want so many lists! I am a list maniac. So please send me all your lists. Soon I will be requesting specific lists, wont that be fun? Then you don't even have to be creative. Together we can list anything we wan't!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Why i hate milk. A list by Laura Kramer
1. i always feel like i need a drink of water after i drink milk
2. it's too thick
3. it's milk.
4. i feel like i can taste it spoiling as i drink it
5. it has terrible flavor
Totally agree Laura, what a list. Next I need a list from YOU. Yes YOU. Email me @firstname.lastname@example.org Congratulations Laura for being the first guest lister on the soon to be world famous blog!
1. I really like making and checking off lists.
2. Who doesn't like lists?
3. Because I want to see your lists
4. Also I am endlessly making lists and I want to keep the good ones somewhere, like here.
5. Because I like to blog and I like to make lists so please indulge me and a: tell me what you want a list of b: submit a list to me so I can publish it here. or c: just read my lists and tell me what you think. So lets get started. who will be my first guest lister? Cmon' I know you want to!