Monday, May 24, 2010

Since it is SNOWING IN MAY!

I suggest staying in all day with a book and doing nothing but snuggling and reading, throw a warm drink in there and you are good.
Why Books are Awesome--a List.
1) There are an unlimited amount of options
2) When you've picked the right book, you feel transported to another world
3) Books allow you to leave your problems/drama/chaos behind for a little while
4) Books allow you insight into all sorts of different minds
5) When you've finished a new great book you feel accomplished and happy
AND eager to read another one
6) and the biggest reason books are awesome--it is the best way to spend a quiet afternoon,
curled up on the couch with a hot chocolate or cup of tea and reading a good book.

I will never stop reading. Seriously, it brings me such joy!

This list is from my sister Abby who is a avid reader. Lets make a list of great summer reads shall we? Please email me your pick so I can compile a list!

3 comments:

  1. Two thumbs up! I love reading too. In fact... I should probably be doing that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent list. I, also, have a book I must go read. . . . and I'm off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Forgotten Garden. Best summer read ever.

    ReplyDelete