Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For the intense movie snobs

Curtis my husband is really intense about lists. As you can see he has been makin lists since 2005 at least. I think it would be really great if this list sparks a debate of some kind. Also please be prepared because starting this week on Friday I will have a special guest lister listing about all the things that must go. You do not want to miss it.
Monday, October 24, 2005

Top 5 trilogies of all time!

5. Die Hard. I really think this is one of the best action series around. Some may say Lethal Weapon is better but to them I say...Joe Pesci. The 4th leathal weapon was no Passion of the Christ either.

4. Back To The Future. While time travel movies usually just frustrate me (Time Cop, Black Night, Clockstoppers, etc.) these really made me happy. It also involves cheating on sports betting which is also quite a fantasy of mine. I never grow tired of watching Biff's face end up in horse feces.

3. The Matrix. I don't care what any of you nay-sayers have to say about the trilogy...it rocked! The second was a little boring (please refer to ten minute sword fight atop a speeding diesel) but the first movie MORE than made up for any crap you could come up with. Also, it would have been even better if the original oracle would have been alive. The first Matrix movie made my mind soar like an eagle. The first night I saw it I woke up with an eagle feather under my pillow...true story.

2. Star Wars. I'm talkin' original trilogy here. Puppets, muppets, midgets and robots made this one work big time for me! It pre-dates Lucas trying to direct by himself and therefor was 10x better than the recent releases. What little kid didn't want to be a tan-tan?

1. Lord of the Rings. This trilogy kicked so much butt that it kicked Oprah's butt!!! I'll be the first to admit that I cried when Frodo and Sam split up. I cried when Frodo left the shire. Shiz, I cried when Gandalf accidently dropped his hat. I don't know what to say (and I'm a little out of breath right now just thinking about the films) but that this was the best series of movies ever made!!!

Also runners up: Rambo, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Godfather and maybe on a sad level...Blade.

4 comments:

  1. "To them I say, Joe Pesci!" This has gotta be the best line. Thanks for the list Curtis. Made me laugh really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indiana Jones for sure should be top 5..I promise you will get my list soon!! I love lists too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel Gibson's hair in the first Lethal Weapon was . . . not good. But Bruce Willis is, or should be, your go-to guy for action + comedy. Although I'm concerned about that Bruce Willis/Tracy Morgan vehicle. Also looked not good.

    Also, I just have to say, I admire TLotR plenty, but I only *loved* the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I emailed this list to Bryce because I knew he would love it and this is what he wrote back lol. "I definitely like the post. I think 1-4 would have been exactly what I would have chosen. I love all of those trilogies. A lot of these so called “trilogies” have more than 3 movies (star wars doesn’t count because even lucas called it two trilogies) but Die hard along with indian jones and lethal weapon all have 4 movies (yes I now the 4th ones were all made years after the originals, but still) either way, ive never really gotten into lethal weapon or die hard. (I think ive seen one movie of each series). For me, Die Hard gets the axe to be replaced by the Bourne trilogy. No idea how that didn’t make it on his list. Lord of the rings and star wars are absolute one and two, although I think the order could be interchangeable. The acting and filmmaking of lord of the rings is far superior, but that reflects the time they were made. Star wars changed movies forever. They made that movie with computers that were not a quarter as powerful as your blackberry. Matrix is just awesome, but I know you don’t know about that one. Back to the future is classic as ever. And bourne basically gave birth to bad a’s like jack bauer."

    ReplyDelete