Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lost Glasses

A list by a stressed out mom my sister Amelia
Things you do when your child loses their glasses.
1. You quiz child repeatedly about WHERE she took them off.
2. Child cannot remember.
3. You ransack likely places, between sofa cushions, under bed covers, in Lego box.
4. You may swear a little.
5. You look downstairs, upstairs, kitchen, bags, car. No glasses.
6. You try and keep your shizz together, and ask child to come and see you.
7. You suggest through gritted teeth that a little prayer be uttered that we can find the glasses.
8. You keep looking.
9. Child mutters under breath, "I guess prayers don't work, we didn't find my glasses"
10. You feel like failure and now child does not believe in prayer.
11. You swear a little more.
12. You report to husband that not only does Monday morning suck, now your
child does not believe in prayer. It is a stellar morning.
13. You continue looking, now returning to places you have already
looked in desperation. You even examine the dirty clothes basket.
14. Your husband tells child to stand up, (child has been laying on floor, daydreaming).
15. Husband locates childs glasses in child's pocket of coat CHILD IS CURRENTLY WEARING.
16. Utter this helpful phrase to close the teaching moment, "See?! Prayer DOES work DAMMIT!"
17. Amen.

This list is awesome. And Amelia is awesome for submitting it, don't you just feel awesome? If all my prayers were answered I would be Heidi Klum right now,oh and a millionaire.

4 comments:

  1. FUNNNNNY. Oh my goodness. I just read this aloud to John and we both laughed when Miriam said, "I guess prayers don't work." Oh, excellent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you are wondering, my swearing mostly consists of "dammit" I feel I must make this disclosure as I am now a Bishop's wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amelia your list is an essay in disguise. i think you should submit it to some magazines. seriously, i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooooo funny! I love it. Amen.

    ReplyDelete